GEODE – the voice of local energy distributors across Europe – invited EUniversal to a webinar on Distributed flexibility – Local flexibility markets, that allowed industry experts to share their insights on the latest projects and developments currently taking place across Europe.
Carmen Gimeno, GEODE Secretary General, kicked off the event by welcoming the experts at the event:
- Pedro Marques, EUniversal project coordinator, explained how EUniversal is developing a universal approach on interoperability for the use of Flexibility by DSO and their interaction with new flexibility markets.
- Andres Pinto Bello presented the newly drafted report by smarten (Smart Energy Europe is the European business association for digital, decentralised and decarbonised energy solutions) on Core Reference Model for Local Flexibility Markets.
- Daniel Burke explained how the energy transition in Oxfordshire is underway and is being achieved with Project LEO that aims to accelerate the UK transition to a zero-carbon energy system and is one of Europe’s most ambitious and innovative energy trials.
- Hallstein Hagen, Senior Consultant at Nodes, that explained how the NorFlex project will enable a more efficient & sustainable power system in Norway.
- Fidel Simon Moreno Crespo who showcased that, with 4 demo sites, the FLEXIGRID project will develop solutions to protect the security and reliability of the electricity grid as it incorporates growing amounts of renewable energies.
Founded in 1991 GEODE is made up of European independent distribution companies of gas and electricity. The association represents more than 1200 companies in 15 countries, both private and public owned serving a population of 100 million people.
GEODE defends the interest of the local distributors in front of energy authorities on national and international level and allows the exchange of expertise, the share of data and competence.